Thursday, July 17, 2008

You do what you have to.




These are before and after pictures of Maleah. I'm not sure if you can see it, but she was a MESS!!!
Here's how it all started. . . .I was cooking dinner for the 4 families in my food group and things were going pretty well until it came time to put in the rice, stir the meat sauce, and put cupcakes in the oven(which all had to be done at the same time). I began to juggle my tasks and things were going okay until Maleah walked into the kitchen and began to cry at my feet. I quickly scooped her up and put her in her highchair and handed her a yogurt and spoon, hoping that she would be happy long enough for me to finish. She did great for awhile, I hardly even remembered she was there. After what seemed not long enough she again began to cry. I took a quick glance around the counter to find something else to occupy her since I was at the very end of cooking and running a few minutes late. I saw the cupcakes first and gave one to her (anything to give me a few more minutes). I finished the meals and looked at Maleah, she was a MESS! Right then, Gregg came home and I left to deliver the food. That night she didn't want to eat dinner because she was full already. I felt bad, but sometimes as a mom you just have to do what you have to, to get through the day. Oh well tonight will be healthier.

3 comments:

Natasha said...

that's so funny I too have done the same thing with Aubrie just anything to keep them quite long enough for me to finish what I am doing. Thanks for the comments

Ellen said...

Jamie your litle Maleah has the prettiest blue eyes. I will look on your blog from Natasha's. Your children are really cute. Hope you have a good summer the rest of the summer.

Stephanie T said...

Hey, my philosophy is to give them as much sugar as possible, then you won't know the difference between normal and a sugar high:-)