You know I am starting to care less and less what my kids are for Halloween. Usually I go all out, pick their costumes months before the big day, and get everything prepared. This year was So different I pretty much let them be whatever they wanted and I let them find most of it in their own closets (although I did buy a few things). They all thought it was the greatest thing and I had no complaints. The only one with a problem was Preston, his original costume was a dragon which was just WAY too hot for the unexpected warm weather we had. So at his preschool Halloween party we improvised and I grabbed a spider man dress-up costume which he gladly wore that day. . . .then comes Halloween night and he tells me (while we are getting ready in our costumes)that he changes his mind and he wants to be a skeleton like Dallin. So we scrambled up his costume the best we could in the five minutes we had, and he ended up being the happiest little boy ever! So from now on I am saving my time and my money! They love it that way anyway.
We had such a great time with Spencer(Gregg's brother)and Marie and their two kids. They live in Louisiana so we don't see them very often. When they came it was like old times right away. Marie and I talked about girly stuff and the boys well . . . . they did manly stuff. We also had awesome late night talks, a movie night, we took the kids to the zoo, and Gregg and I babysat for them while they went out to celebrate their 3 year aniversery. I loved every minute of their stay and we were so sad to see them go (especially since we had no idea when we will see them again).
Here is a cute family shot of their cute little family. This is Little Spencer (they call him little man) he was SO cute!
I will be blogging again soon but as for right now we are enjoying company from Louisianna this week. We have Gregg's brother (Spencer) and his wife (Marie) here with their two little ones that we finally got to meet. We are having a great time! I'll post more in a day or two when they leave.
First of all I have to thank my friend Jen for telling me how to fix my camera. It works again!!!! I am so happy about that. Blogs are just not the same without picutres! I learned something new this weekend. I threw a babyshower for my friend Brandy and another friend (Janeice) showed me how to make this diaper cake for her. Isn't it cute??? They are so easy and fun. What do you think?
1. I have to kiss my husband goodbye when ever he (or I) leaves the house if I don't get to I am upset.
2.I have to clean the kitchen as soon as we finish a meal. I guess it's kind of nice because my husband is the same. If I am not there doing the dishes then he is.
3. I leave my projects (whatever I am working on) laying around and I like it that way because then I remember to finish them. My husband isn't to fond of this idea :) but he puts up with it anyway.
4. I love to take my cat on car rides. I think I enjoy it more than the kids!
5. I call Denise (my sister-in-law) at least 5 times a day. Denise calls me about the same. We just can't get enough of each other. LOve you NEE-SEE :)
6. Sometimes out of the blue I grab one of my kids, hold them down and hug and kiss them until they want me to let go . . .usually they love it! Dallin might not admit it but I think he likes it the most!
I TAG ANYONE WHO WANTS TO DO IT
Photo Tag I guess you post the 3rd picture in your 3rd file and explain the picture. SO...here it is: This is a picture of our whole family (except Maleah because she wasen't born yet) in Germany with Gregg's Oma (grandma). This was in May 2006
1. Where did you meet your husband? At his mission homecomming.
2. How long did you date before you married? 5 months
3. How long have you been married? 10 years
4. What does he do that surprises you? He always helps around the house, I never have to dust anything or vaccum a floor. . .he's a pretty amazing guy! Also last Sunday I came home from choir practice and dinner was ready made (he made tacos).
5. What is his favorite feature? I love his blue eyes! Oh and he's been working out so I have to say that his musscles turn me on too:)
6. What is your favorite quality of his? I love how he listens and tries to make me feel better when I am upset. He is also a very honest guy and that is really important to me.
7. Does he have a nickname for you? Honey
8. What is his favorite food? Not sure, I think Mexican but he likes everything.
9. What is his favorite sport? Basketball and Tennis.
10. When & where was your first kiss? After a week of dating in front of my house.
11. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? We love to go out to eat at nice resturants.
12. Do you have any children? 4
13. Does he have any hidden talents? He gives great advice and he is very smart. I guess that's hidden to some people because he is a quiet guy.
14. How old is he? 33
15. Who said I love you first? I am not sure, I think he did???
16. What is his favorite music? He likes a lot of things.
17. What do you admire most about him? His honesty.
For all of you who didn't know, Tyler (Gregg's brother) lived with us for a year and a half before we sent him off on his mission. We were his parents for that time (taking him to early morning seminary and back, work and back, helping him finally get a car, etc.) Tyler will also return from his mission and live here again with us, so in a way Gregg and I feel like we are his parents. We try our best to write each week and he tries too. He loves it there in Mexico! He is learning so much and he has been very humbled! Tyler describes his little apartment as "interesting" (there is a picture of it below). He also has had to eat small black bugs for dinner at a member's house (GROSS)! He was such a picky eater before, I felt so sad for him! At least he's great at pretending he likes something :) We miss Tyler SO much, especially the kids! Please pray for him and write a quick note if you have a chance, although I have to warn you he only has 30 minutes each P-day to read letters and respond so he might not get back to you quickly (or not at all), but at least he'll know you care. TylerHodgkin@myldsmail.net
I really wanted to post pictures of Dallin's party and some of the things I have been working on, however my camera broke last night! I have no idea what could have happen to it. I was at my parents house having dinner and I snapped a few shots, put my camera down and as soon as I went to use it again it didn't work. When I push down the button to take a picture the camera turns black. I am so frustrated! I can't afford a new one right before Christmas! Then when we got home from my parents house we opened the garage door to park inside and our automatic garage door opener broke too! We had to hand shut the door and then the lock wouldn't work either so we had to use a screw driver to lock it! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I could just scream! I feel like nothing works lately! Thanks for letting me vent a little bit!
I am sorry I haven't posted for awhile. I have just been SO busy! I have been doing tons of projects lately! I am going to be blogging about them soon when I get an extra minute or two. Tomorrow is Dallin's Detective party. . .wish me luck. I'll have 7 wild 9 year old boys here. Actually we are all going for a walk around the neighborhood, trying to find and figure out all the clues to the mystery. I know they will love it. I'll tell you more later!- Jamie