Friday, June 6, 2008

School's Out
Boy are we BUSY!!! School is finally out and we have lots of plans to keep the kids busy: Library trips, free movies this summer, ice cream trips, trips to the pool, park and more! This summer I have 5 kids here each day (my 4 and another girl that I watch) so things get pretty exciting around here sometimes. I am so happy to be able to play all summer with the kids and not have to worry about schedules and homework!
Our Hodgkin family vacation to California is from June 27th to July 7th. We are heading to Six Flags, to Dillon's Beach and then to Sacramento to visit both of our family members. We are all REALLY excited and we are making a team effort to save for it. Dallin goes to my parents house and does chores to earn $, the kids sold chocolate dipped cookies to the neighbors, and Alise and Preston have been doing small chores around the house to earn a little extra. I think it makes it more fun for them to be able to help out. I am so proud of each one of them. We have over $160.00 saved in our little "Vacation Fund" (a small butter container that sits in our cupboard).
This Saturday we are getting a new DVD player for the van (since our other one skips and freezes all the time) in preparation for our trip. The DVD player is a lifesaver on long road trips, I am not sure if I'd get there sane without it :) I'll update you when we return and post more pictures.

1 comment:

The Hockmans said...

Cool, we need to plan a date so we can see you too. Let me know via e-mail when you will be in town, I'll maybe meet you at my parents house or Truckee if you plan on going that way at all. I can't wait to see you!