Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Blue and Gold Banquet

For those of you who don't know, I am the scout leader over the Wolves in my ward. I really like my calling. It is tough sometimes with 8-10 eight year olds but they are new to scouts and most are very excited to be there each week. This last Thursday was our Blue and Gold Banquet, where the scouts all come with their families, eat a nice dinner, give out earned awards, and have a cake decorating contest. The cakes fit with the theme of the banquet and each scout makes them with their dad (a father-son sort of thing). The theme this year was American ABC'S meaning all the sites, cities, and states in America, so basically anything American would work. Me and a couple ladies pretty much planned and did the whole thing. It was SO much work and the night of the banquet we never even got to sit with our families because we were just so busy. I think it turned out really well, and I am glad that it is over now.

Here is Dallin's cake, it's suppose to be idaho with a river and a guy fishing.

The other scouts brought some really cool cakes, take a look:

1 comment:

Busy Lady said...

You ladies did such a great job! We had a good time and I know how much work it is to put on a Blue & Gold but I also know how much everyone appreciates it. You are awesome leaders! Thank you for all you do!!