Friday, February 12, 2010

Flattered by a 10 year old!

Valentines Parties! Yesterday I went to the kids school to help with their Valentines day Parties. I went to Dallin's class first to drop off some treats and I was able to sit with him for a few minutes. As I sat down, a girl next to him just stared at me. I was a little uncomfortable and she finally said (while still looking at me) "Dallin your mom is pretty." I was flattered and said, "thank you." Then she went on to say,"I wish my mom was as pretty as yours", I almost had to laugh, this was getting funny. Then she continues to say, "my mom wears too much make up, sometimes she wears so much that I don't even recognize her!" After she finished I couldn't hold it in, I think I laughed out loud.

I got to go to both Dallin and Alise's parties and help out. I really enjoyed being able to help and just relax and watch them have a great time. i think I forget how much it means to them to have me there. Dallin and Alise both told me later that day how wonderful it was to have me come. It was really a great day!





3 comments:

Lizette said...

That is so great that you are able to go do that. And, to be flattered while you are there is a bonus! :) You just have to realize that you are a natural beauty! Most people need lots of make up to look 'done'. You don't!

Karla said...

Kids always tell the truth!

Stephanie T said...

That is so fun!

I love those kinds of compliments from little kids. I would totally remember that for the next 50 years and remind my kids all the time too:-)