Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Jelly Bellys. . . . .mmmmmm......my favorite!





We took a tour of the Jelly Belly Factory while on Vacation this year. They didn't let us take pictures on the tour so this is all I have. They have really re-done the place since the last time I was there! Our tour took place above the factory so you could look down and watch the people making the candy, separating the bad ones, etc.
When we first went into the tour it smelled like barf! People were covering their noses and making faces (I should have taken a picture of that :) I didn't find out until much later that they were actually making a barf jelly belly! They have a whole section for young kids with weird jelly belly flavors that I normally wouldn't try (I'll tell you more about that in a minute) there was baby wipe flavor, toothpaste, skunk spray and booger flavor just to name a few. Dallin thought these were cool and he bought a few to share with some friends.
On our way back to Sacramento Dallin took out his yucky jelly bellys and tried to get Alise and Preston to eat them. They didn't of course but in the process Dallin dropped one and couldn't find it. Later when we got home I went out to clean the car a little. I was cleaning the back and I saw this Jelly Belly just sitting on the seat. I normally wouldn't eat it from the seat but there was no where to put it so I popped it into my mouth when suddenly I realized it wasn't a normal jelly belly at all! I had eaten a BARF one! Yuck!!!! I went inside to tell the kids what happened and they laughed their heads off! All this time Dallin was just pleading for someone to try a barf jelly belly and I had just fulfilled his wish without knowing it. At least it made someone happy i guess.

2 comments:

Susan and Scott said...

You didn't share that with me on our walks but thanks for the image because I'm laughing at work as I read your blog. he he he

Karla said...

Ok, that is funny, barf - yuck!