Sunday, September 7, 2008

Can you believe it's been 10 years????

Okay, it's finally here! Gregg and I will celebrate our 10 year anniversary this Wednesday! Actually we aren't celebrating on Wednesday at all, instead we are getting up on Thursday (September 11th) bright and early and we are heading for Utah without our kids! We are staying there until Saturday. I am so excited to finally go somewhere by OURSELVES!!! We have never done this before so I am actually having a hard time already just thinking of leaving Maleah behind. I know this is normal for a mom to worry about leaving her baby, but Gregg is right there with me! He already said, “should we just take her? One is SO much easier than 4." You know I almost went for it, but then I thought about it and there is NO way I am going to share my anniversary with someone extra. . .even if she is so cute and can melt my heart. We are finally after 10 years, going somewhere alone! We plan to visit all the church sites that we've never had the chance to really see before because the kids were always so ready to leave. We are also going to see some of our best friends in the whole world Brooke and Kenny Favero (our old neighbors in California). It's going to be great! I guess I will try to post something about our trip when we return.

6 comments:

Busy Lady said...

Have a great time! I am so jealous. My hubby and I have not been away from our kids in about 5 years and we have never been away for more than a night. Enjoy yourselves! Congratulations on making it to 10 years, you guys are so cute together, I'm sure the next 10 will be just as happy.

Erin said...

Go and have a great time. You will be amazed you really won't miss them that much!! I am sure they will be in good hands.

Natasha said...

Yeah how exciting mine and sean's is coming up hopefully we can get away too.

Stephanie T said...

Have fun! I'm glad I talked you into making an escape. And don't have a breakdown in the middle of your 10th anniversary like me. At least I had the excuse of having leaky breasts!

Jen said...

Happy 10th, CONGRATULATIONS!! We left our boys for two nights/three days with my sister two weeks ago for the first time. It actually wasn't that bad, but we talked about them a lot still!

Have fun!

Cindi said...

Congratulations on 10 years Jamie! Now that you have experienced leaving your kids, you'll want to do this again and again! And that's not a bad thing. Spending time alone with your hubby is so needed. Hope you had a great time in Utah.