Sunday, September 21, 2008

What are you doing for Christmas this year???

I was totally inspired when I went to Utah this last week. My friend Brooke has such a cute house and she and her husband are just so clever about using what they have to make other things. Her baby's room was adorable! It looked like something out of Pottery Barn and they put it together using their old things. They mainly took apart their old entertainment center and got REALLY creative!
I got to thinking about Christmas coming up and how I'd like to save some money and get creative too! I thought long and hard about what I could make and I came up with this diaper bag for my girls. I had almost everything to make this already so it was VERY inexpensive. I made the diaper bag, the Velcro diapers (recognize the fabric from the aprons?),the blanket, and the cloth diaper wipes (in my old wipe container), and then I bought the bottle and got an old baby toy to put in. What a great present for so cheap!
SO NOW I AM ASKING YOU ALL TO GET CREATIVE. I want to hear all your ideas of what we could do for cheap presents this year. It can be for kids, parents, spouses, grandparents, whatever! I can't wait to see what you all come up with!

One more idea I had was to make super hero capes for boys. It would be so easy and I know Preston would LOVE it!




I also added another post under this one check it out!

5 comments:

Brooke said...

What a cute idea! I'm not the clever one, it's Kenny. He's the one who comes up with all these cute ideas. I'm glad you like the house. It's so fun to have your own pad and decorate it. I have no ideas right now but if I think of something, I'll let you know!

Jen said...

Hey Jamie, for your idea of the super hero cape; in one of the big Deseret Bookstores here in Orem they have a super hero cape with Superman on one side and then you flip it over and it is Batman. So you get to capes out of one. I'll go over there and see if they have them still and snap some pics for you.

I would love to make it for my boys, but with me in school full-time I don't have any time for that this year.

For your challenge I will try to come up with something to make. It will have to be fast and simple though ;)
I love your diaper bag kit you made up for the girls! They are going to love it!!

P.S. When are you going to add me to your blog list lady? :)

Busy Lady said...

You are so creative! What lucky girls you have. I would love to do something like that for Breanna, but I would probably pull my hair out before I had one diaper sewn. Cute pictures of Alise sleeping. How do kids do that? I can't even sleep that peacefully in my own bed.

The Hockmans said...

Such cute ideas. I love seeing things at a store or magazine and then trying to see how I can make it myself rather than paying out the wahzoo for it. I'll let you know if I come up with anything.

Stephanie T said...

Your diaper bags is really cute. I especially love the diapers. My boys have a homemade cape but it's like the Jedi's from Star Wars, just plain black with a hood. But they love it and it doubles for all sorts of different things they might need it for.