Wednesday, August 27, 2008

First Day of School



On the first day of school I wasn't ready at all for them to go back. Of course I went through the motions of getting backpacks ready, lunches ready and them ready, but when the time came to take them I didn't want them to go! There is just something about having your kids all to yourself and then suddenly having to share them again. So the first day was hard on me not to mention Dallin kept saying,"Man. . I don't want to start school" he said that over and over again. Then there was Alise who was scared to death to go to her first day of kindergarten. Needless to say, I thought it was going to be a really tough first day for me and the kids. However I was really surprised how smoothly it went! I got a lot of things done and the house was quiet for me to work. Alise did great and came home saying,"Mommy I LOVE school!" She had a great first day and she loved her teacher and was looking forward to day #2. Dallin still wishes it was summer time but he is starting to like school more and more.

5 comments:

{Marie Long} said...

Oh so sweet! Aren't kids the best. Hyrum starts preschool next wekk and I can hardly believe he's old enough.

Natasha said...

Such cute kids and pics thanks for sharing

The Hockmans said...

I think it was much harder for me than it was for Mason. I cried even before we got to his classroom door. Its an ordinary moment that will be charished in my memories for ever, walking hand in hand to his class on the first day of school.

Hillary said...

Alise in Kindergarten? Wow. I can't believe Mikayla is in FOURTH grade! Geez... Well hey I miss you guys! My mom and I are possibly coming to Caldwell October 16th, so hopefully I can see you! (:

Busy Lady said...

Alise is too cute in those pictures. I miss her so much this year! Preston is gonna be so much fun though I can tell and he actually talks to me...amazing! Your blogs are always so fun. Keep up the good work!