Thursday, August 21, 2008

My New Project




The other day the kids were bored and just sitting around doing nothing, so I pulled out my kids party book and for fun I asked them what kind of birthday party they wanted this year (my only request was that it be LOW cost and reasonable). I sat in the middle of my bed with the book in my lap and the kids all sat around me. The kids had a great time looking at the fun creative things we could do. I was surprised that the kids all picked something right away. Preston wanted a dinosaur party, Alise wanted a cooking party, and Dallin wanted a detective party. I was excited to know so much in advance what they wanted so that I have plenty of time to get things ready (especially since their parties are so close together). That night we went to Wal-Mart and I picked up some inexpensive material for me to make aprons for Alise's cooking party. All of my friends know that I LOVE projects just as much as I LOVE planning parties. So I got really excited and I came up with my own pattern and starting making them that night. I already have 3 done and her party is not until January! Take a look and tell me what you think. Also if anyone has any more ideas for the other two parties, I'd love to hear them.

7 comments:

Stephanie T said...

Those aprons are so cute. Can I have one???

Jen said...

What fun, a 'Cooking Party'! Great job on the aprons Jaime!!

Natasha said...

how cute is that love the apron's and the idea of a cooking party that will be tons of fun.

Starnes fam said...

Those turned out so cute! Look how AHEAD you are! Wanna plan Dallin's birthday for me...its in 3 weeks!!??

Family Aldridge said...

How creative! Good for you! What kind of cake are you going to make for her? Take care! Peggy

Michele said...

Very cute! If you want I made a dress for Amelia that is kind of like an apron dress and it was so simple! She loves and calls it her cooking dress. I will send you the call number via email if you would like.

What kind of parties are you thinking about kid parties adult parties or both?

Jordan (7) just went to an army birthday party which was awesome. She had them dress in what ever camo gear they had and then had different army crawl scavenger hunt type of things and they all came a way with army glasses, helmets, and wrist bands.

I have a friend who throws a "talk like a pirate" party (for adults) every year and that is super fun. I'll email you with other ideas if you are interested.

Brian and Julie Clark said...

manerd, wow! Nice job on the aprons. your kids are so lucky. Mykenna's B-day is tomorrow. She'll be 10!! can you believe it!Love you sister. call me sometime