Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Our Elder

For all of you who didn't know, Tyler (Gregg's brother) lived with us for a year and a half before we sent him off on his mission. We were his parents for that time (taking him to early morning seminary and back, work and back, helping him finally get a car, etc.) Tyler will also return from his mission and live here again with us, so in a way Gregg and I feel like we are his parents. We try our best to write each week and he tries too. He loves it there in Mexico! He is learning so much and he has been very humbled! Tyler describes his little apartment as "interesting" (there is a picture of it below). He also has had to eat small black bugs for dinner at a member's house (GROSS)! He was such a picky eater before, I felt so sad for him! At least he's great at pretending he likes something :) We miss Tyler SO much, especially the kids! Please pray for him and write a quick note if you have a chance, although I have to warn you he only has 30 minutes each P-day to read letters and respond so he might not get back to you quickly (or not at all), but at least he'll know you care.
TylerHodgkin@myldsmail.net


4 comments:

Brooke said...

Know that he is in good hands. His mission president is in our ward.

Julie said...

That Apartment looks sweet. My brother would be jealous. He is in Houston, and they live in a members house, in a tiny little bedroom. He probably wouldn't trade it for bug supper though.

Busy Lady said...

Tyler looks like he is having a good time. Already baptizing people!! That is Mexico, the fields are truly white over there. His apartment looks great to me. Yuk, bugs for dinner though, I couldn't handle that!

Amy said...

Wow, I don't think I could have EVER eaten bugs for dinner. I would have DIED. Congrats to Tyler and to you guys for helping to get him there. I know how you feel, George and I have had Gideon living with us for the past couple of years since he came home from his mission in Finland. I surprised myself and felt quite maternal about him, especially when he married his beautiful wife in the Sacramento temple a few weeks ago. I totally teared up and I kept imagining that cute little chubby cheeked boy with the big blue eyes. You remember how cute he was, right?