Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Shopping no more!

I feel SO good, I am mostly DONE shopping for Christmas. Yep, you read it right. This year I decided to start WAY early and I found some GREAT deals too! I am totally done with all my kids, including stuffers (I just hope candy will be okay until then :) I am almost done with Gregg just a few more little things. I am also done with my parents and Gregg's parents and Tyler (I already shipped those two):) I feel on top of the world! I do have a very small list left for people here and there but nothing big at all. I think I am going to start doing this every year! You know what has been really cool too??? When I see something I already bought go on sale (or in my case on clearance) I have plenty of time to take it back!
I love the Christmas holiday and now I can finally take it all in without having to worry about the "other stuff".

7 comments:

Natasha said...

Yeah good for you we are going to try to be done by thanksgiving and have everything shipped. I love Christmas to but hate the hustle and bustle. It's become more about what to get and what your going to get rather than celebrating christ

Family Aldridge said...

Good Job Jamie!! I finished buying the "cousin" presents recently. It is a good feeling to start early!!!!

Brooke said...

Wow! I'm seriously not even close to being done. I haven't started and probably won't until one week before Christmas... or even worse, a couple of days before.

Stephanie T said...

Congrats. I'm trying to be done by December 1st, but given Thanksgiving's late date, that means before Thanksgiving. But it's not even all the presents, but making sure my house is stocked with all the food and decorations too. I'm doing this thing that I got online. You should take a look, I think you will like it.
http://flylady.net/pages/holidaycruising1.asp

Starnes fam said...

Wow...impressive. I am still trying to come to grips with the fact that there is Christmas music already playing in the stores. It has made me WANT to start shopping for Christmas a little but I can't help feel bad for good old Thanksgiving!

Shandy said...

sooo jealous over here!
that's gotta be such a wonderful feeling and like you said - now you can sit back and actually ENJOY Christmas!
kudos to you girl!

Natasha said...

I tagged yo check out my blog for details