Thursday, January 15, 2009

Okay, I admit it I'm Cheap!

I am probably one of the cheapest people you will ever meet. I love sales, coupons, thrift stores, you name it. If I can save money I'll do it!

FACT:It kills me to spend over $10 for my kids shoes (I've only done it a few times and with 4 kids that's amazing).

FACT:I usually search the ads before I grocery shop, and then I go to at least 2 or more stores to get the right deals.

FACT: I am to cheap to buy a newspaper so I get all the coupons I can from my mom's paper and I use them as much as possible.

FACT: I haven't bought any children's clothes (that weren't clearance priced) in years, and I can probably count on one hand how many times I have.

Now that I have admitted how cheap I really am (because I KNOW most people have no idea) Here is what I bought today and I am taking guesses on how much the total came to after the sale and coupons. Oh yeah, and there were 3 candy bars that we ate before we took the picture.
Here's a clue- the original total was: $199.71


Now be reasonable, I didn't spend $20 okay!

6 comments:

Brooke said...

$40!! Or maybe that's too much! Whatever it is, I need you to teach me how to do bargain shopping especially when baby #2 comes and I stop working.

The Hockmans said...

I have no idea, but I'm coming to your house when I get hungary. And my kids and neighbors too.

Cindi said...

You didn't buy the large cans of oatmeal? I took advantage of the deals as well. Great display of your bargain shopping!

Shandy said...

Score! I love it when I come across HUGE deals and sales like this one!

alright... my *guess* is $43.56
OR $56.43 (not sure which way I want to put those numbers - LOL)

Busy Lady said...

I'm guessing $45.00. With the Albertson's 10/$10 and coupons you probably did really well. I am cheap too, so I am righ there with you, I love a bargain!!

Starnes fam said...

My guess is $48. If I'm right...do I get a box of cereal?? haha