Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Some fun stuff happening

For F.H.E this past Monday I decided it would be fun to do Graham cracker houses. The kids had a great time building them and eating all the extras. We did however, have a couple collapsing houses but overall I think they had a really good time. I think I will have to do this next year as well.

Dallin's masterpiece

Alise's creation

Preston's cute little house

This week Alise lost her first tooth. She cried and cried in the car on the way home from my parents house because she heard a crack in her mouth. Then she kept crying and saying, "It's going to fall out, it's going to fall out." We tried to convince her that it was an exciting thing to loose a tooth. It didn't matter what we said, she continued to cry. At home she started trying to pull it out herself (still crying). It was funny because she was so scared to have her tooth come out, yet all she wanted is to get it out. Finally she decided to have Gregg pull it out. He did, and she smiled the rest of the night!
These are after pictures, although I wish i would have gotten a picture of her sad face too.


Yesterday Dallin got his braces, expander, and head gear off! He was so happy, but it made me kind of sad. He looks so big now! It's almost like he got older over night or something. he doesn't have that cute little baby face anymore (even thought he's still cute). I think he looks a little like my brother Chris (for all of you that know him). It's going to take some getting used to.
His head gear that he wore at night while he slept:


His before picture the day he got his braces off:

His after picture that same day:

Sorry some pictures are sideways. I fixed them all and somehow the computer didn't save it. I didn't have time to go back and do it all again.

6 comments:

The Odom Family said...

Looking good Dallin! And I love Alise's toothless look. It is so cute! Grant has some missing teeth now too. I'm always sad when the permanent teeth come in. They look so much older.

Stephanie T said...

He does look older and grown up.
So is he done now?
Lucky us is doing orthdontic appt.s over the holiday.

Shandy said...

girl - that was a jam packed post - and I loved reading all of it!
congrats to Alise on loosing her first tooth - that IS exciting! and congrats to Dallin on getting his braces off (and i agree - he does look older!)
and the graham cracker houses are adorable! (and probably much easier to prepare for vs. the gingerbread :)

Busy Lady said...

My little one lost her first tooth a few weeks ago too. It must be time for these girls to start growing up I guess!! That is so funny that she was so upset about it, my girl was excited to get the tooth fairy money. She looks so cute with the tooth missing and Dallin looks so grown up without the braces. Time marches on!! Hang in there mom!

Natasha said...

wow so cute I love that Alise was afraid to lose her tooth. Dallin does look a little bit like Chris what a cutie.

Family Aldridge said...

How fun!! The houses look great! I bet the kids had SO much fun!
Happy Holidays to you and your family!!