Sunday, December 7, 2008

Something funny and something sweet.

My girls are just so wonderful! There is nothing like having a couple girls! Tonight as we did our nightly check on the kids this is what we found:


We put Maleah in her bed first until she fell asleep, then we put Alise in. Apparently Alise decided she wanted her sister tonight, and crawled into her crib and cuddled with her. I am guessing Maleah didn't mind one bit because she didn't make a sound and she looked so comfortable all snuggled up to Alise.

Also a few nights ago we were having foil packs for dinner and the kids were dipping it in ketchup (that's what the red stuff is). They were all in joying their meal and it was quiet until Maleah held up a piece of hamburger on her fork and said,
" Mommy. . . .poop'n" (that's what she calls poop since every time we talk about it, someone is in the act of actually pooping). She really thought it was a piece of poop! She didn't seem to mind eating it either, in fact she kept wanting more. The other kids (and Gregg and I)were hysterical! So of course all the kids started calling it poop'n until I ruined all their fun and told them to stop. I didn't want her to actually try her poop someday thinking it was something yummy! So here are a couple pictures of that night.



6 comments:

CJ said...

what a great post! Jon and I are so excited to have our 2nd little girl and this post about made me cry. I hope my girls get along that well. Thanks. Crystal

Cindi said...

That is great Jamie! When your girls are teenagers and fighting with each other, you can pull out this picture and remind them how much they DO love eachother! :O)

Shandy said...

oh, now how sweet is that!!!! thank you for sharing such a sweet moment with all of us :)

and too funny about the "poop'n" - LOL

Brooke said...

So sweet! And the poop story is awesome.

Stephanie T said...

I wish when Rose crawls into the crib with Ginger they would actually sleep like your girls. Last time she did she set off the mobile, and then it got caught on her hair and pulled some out.

Way too funny story!

Busy Lady said...

The picture of Alise and Melea is so precious! I love when siblings love each other like that. So cool. It makes me want to call my sister - we are close like that. The poo thing is too funny! I don't think my kids have ever done that but I got a kick out of reading that.